Yemen is at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula. It's the world's 49th largest country and is little bigger than California. It's mostly desert, hot and humid.
The capital is Sanaa. It's been inhabited for over 2,500 years. The people are mostly Arab, however there are some Afro-Arab, Asian, and European. They are one of the poorest countries in the Arab world. Here are some photos of the city and the people.
The menu for tomorrow includes:
Yemen Fatah (a beef dish) served with Couscous
Tomato & Coriander Salad
Lental Stew with Flat bread (I'll use pita rather than make injera) and served with cottage cheese
This is a photo of the suburbs of Sanaa

Here is the Sanaa skyline









1 comment:
Hi Cute Stephanie! I saw your comments on Lisa Caress's blog and thought I would look you up. You've got a cute blog. I'm interested in knowing more about your international meals. Is this a regular tradition? It sounds like fun -- and yummy! I looked at your etsy items for sale but I didn't see your silhouette's. Please let me know another way to find them. Have a super weekend and we'll see you Sunday. alysawhitlock@yahoo.com
Post a Comment