Last night for FHE (Family Home Evening) we took a mini vacation at the Marriott Resort in Palm Desert. When you first drive in, they have a bunch of flamingos in a little lake.
Then inside, they have many exotic birds in the lobby. There is a little boat that will take people to some of the restaurants in the resort. We missed the boat tours by about 15 minutes. But that gives us a good reason to go back. So we all walked around, looked at the beautiful flowers and the many birds, swans, ducks and flamingos. My oldest daughter's favorite animal is the flamingo. She even has a stuffed one from the San Diego Zoo. It was very nice at the resort. I felt like we were on a mini vacation. Too bad it was only for an hour... But we felt like we were away from everything for a little while.
A couple weeks ago I said that I would be posting my art on Etsy. Well, that didn't happen. My silhouettes are so cute (in my opinion...), but they didn't turn out like I had hoped. There's an issue with the paint... You can see the brush strokes after it's dry. So for now, they're hanging in my bedroom.
Our Etsy store just has my husband's art. He had his furniture listed, but Etsy won't let him sell it in our store. Someone flagged his furniture. They are his designs but they are hand-made by a 3rd party vendor in Los Angeles. So I guess that doesn't qualify. However, I just don't see the difference of someone doing some art and then having it made into prints by a 3rd party vendor. Or if someone designs a metal pendant for a necklace & they are made by someone else too. We are a little upset about that because it seems somewhat unfair (double standards), but we can't really do much about it. Oh, well. C'est la vie.
Our latest fun is to hang out in the backyard with the hose. The girls just can't get enough of the water. It's so cute to see them playing out there. Plus it gives me a few more minutes on the computer. It's like a little vacation for a minute or two.
Tonight is another Jús presentation. We have them every Tuesday night at our house. We're having so much fun with this. It's so much fun to be the first to know about something & then to share it with others. I've noticed that since I've been eating my healthy chocolate and my Jús, that I feel so much better. I have more energy and I don't get sick. A couple weeks ago, my youngest got a little cold. Usually when she gets a cold, I get one too. Guess because I'm the mom who has to wipe the nose, get sneezed and coughed on. But this time I didn't get sick! Also, she was only sick for a day or so. Usually she's sick for about a week. The girls love the healthy chocolate& healthy juice & ask for it every day. It really is boosting their immune systems. Antioxidants are amazing. Gotta love that!The mini vacation was fun but I'm ready for a mega vacation! For that vacation, I'm going to Bora Bora. It's not on the calendar yet though.




2 comments:
Your girls are so cute!
I'll go to Bora Bora with you if you need someone and want to pay my way!
Cute pictures!
That's too bad about Etsy. You're right about a double standard. After all, women sell books, fabric, etc. there. And they didn't actually made that stuff.
I got my Jus. I'll let you know how it goes.
Post a Comment