Sunday, July 6, 2008

Scrabble Tile Pendants

Our little business of making Scrabble Tile Pendants has really taken off. I get lots of questions about how many we make and how long it takes to make them, so I thought I'd post a little blog about it.

First I start with lots of Scrabble tiles. I order about 1,000 at a time. Yes, 1,000!


Glue & trim.


I glaze them after that. So I lay them out on a cookie sheet. This is what cookie sheets are for (isn't it?). I line the cookie sheet with waxed paper so the glue doesn't stick. Here are about 100 ready to glaze. We usually make 60-100 a night. It's easier to make these when the girls are in bed. Pop in a movie and start working. I usually start around 8 and finish up between 9:30 or 10:30.


In the morning, I'll take all the orders from the previous day and pull the pendants for each order. Another cookie sheet! They go in a pretty organza bag and are ready to ship.


We have shipped them all over the world. Australia, Paris, London, Latvia, Belgium, Sweden, Canada, and Lehi, Utah. Who knew that in our little kitchen we'd have a pendant factory? And that we'd be sending these all over the world? It's so much fun!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Can't wait to get the ones I ordered in the mail. I posted about them on my blog today and am already getting emails! :)

Vivian Love said...

I wondered how you did these! Do you dream of scrabble tile pendants? I dream of quilting. Hey, I love the one I got from you guys that Mark did! Thanks!

SS said...

Thats cool! I can't believe you can do so many so quickly!

Lizzie said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to tell you that I love your clever designs.
-Bonnie Bell