Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Yesterday I ran into my friend & fellow blogger Lisa at Target. She mentioned how quiet I've been on the blogs recently. Well, I could blog everyday about my pendants, but that'd get boring. So I've been waiting for something different or exciting to happen. I'm still waiting for that. She said she's heading for Israel tomorrow (or today). That's exciting! We're going to Russia tomorrow! Just kidding. But we are having the missionaries over for some Russian food. I'll be sure to blog about that in a few days.

I do think this is exciting though... A few days ago, we were contacted by Posh Mama. She wanted to include us on a feature in her blog. Here it is.


Today we're celebrating the 4th by having hamburgers and hot dogs. We don't want to fight the heat & crouds at the park in Palm Desert. So we bought some little poppers from Target yesterday. We'll do those in the street after dinner. That will be fun for the girls. Do you remember sparklers? I miss those.


We lived in Seattle for 6 years. What a great place to watch the fireworks. An American flag would be on top of the Space Needle for a couple weeks. There would be 2 really big firework shows. One on Lake Union and the other over the Sound. For a while, we lived in this peach colored apartment complex called The Egypt Apartments. It was 1 block from Gasworks Park which was right on Lake Union. The rooftop deck of these apartments had the most amazing view. We could see all of the lake, and the beautiful skyline of Seattle. We could even see the houseboat where Tom Hanks lived in Sleepless In Seattle. So on the 4th, we would go up onto the roof to see the fireworks show.


People gathering at Gasworks Park getting ready for the fireworks.

You can see the old gas plant that used to belong to the Seattle Gas Light Company. Now it's a park perfect to feed the ducks, fly kites and watch fireworks. We used to fly kites there when we lived there. So fun.


This is the house where Tom Hanks lived. I remember that it sold about 5 years ago for $1.1 million.


A beautiful view of Lake Union with all the boats. This is a few blocks west of the apartments where we lived in an area of Seattle called Wallingford.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: