Sunday, July 6, 2008

Going to Vladivostik, Russia


Last night was our Russian meal with the elders. Elder Buffat (Pocatello, Idaho) and Elder Stinson (Alabama) are the missionaries in our ward. Last month they picked Russia. I've made a Russian meal before so I asked if they could pick a territory so the meal would be a bit more specific. So they chose Vladivostok which is a city on the southeastern tip by China. However I couldn't find any regional recipes. Everything was just "Russian" food. It's such a big country that you'd think they would eat different foods in the south than they do in the north. Maybe they have Communism to thank for the lack of variety.


Here's what we had:

Stewed Cabbage with Meat
Carrot Salad with Cranberries
Stewed White Beans
Rye Bread (and some French Bread-shhh don't tell!)
Crimean Cream for dessert


The food turned out pretty nice even though it was all the same color. Everything had an orange hue. Hummm?

The next country is Panama. Elder Stinson's parents are from there. I think the Lamanites and Nephites lived there too. Should be yummy. Here's some photos (courtesy of Google) of Panama...until next month.

No comments: