Saturday, June 7, 2008

Big Fat Greek Dinner!

Tonight is our traditional monthly missionary meal. Last month the guys picked Greece. Yummm!

So before I start cookin' I wanted to post some photos of Greece.

Here's the map of Greece. It's a little smaller than Alabama. (But much prettier!) There are about 10.7 million people who call Greece their home. Wouldn't you? The weather is nice - wet winters and hot dry summers but considered mild overall. You might want to learn Greek though. 99% of the population speak Greek.

Athens is the capital of Greece and has a lot of history. But we won't get into that today... should be cooking now! Plus, I'm sure you remember everything you learned about Greece in school.

Would love to live here.

But not here.

Here's some photos of Greek food. Tonight we're having Souvlaki (pork kabobs like the photo below), Greek salad (seen in the little plate), Roasted potatos with lemon and herbs, Greek style rice pilaf, Pita bread with hummus, and for desert Yogurt with honey and almonds. Yummm!!!


Tomorrow I'll post some photos of our elders enjoying the food and the recipes (if they turn out).

Now I'm off to cook - wearing my new black & white apron from Perdoozy.

And can I tell you that I just learned how to post more than one picture at a time? Duh! But I am very proud of myself for figuring that out!! :) ♥

No comments: