
We used French bread, veggies, and apples with the Swiss Fondue. Here you see Elder Stinton (from Alabama) and Elder Buffat (from Idaho) enjoying the fondue.
Dessert should have been chocolate, but we had cake instead. This photo was taken by my oldest daughter, who is almost 5, an artist/photographer!Switzerland is a very small country, slightly less than twice the size of New Jersey.
Below is Morcote, which is in the warmer, southern part of Switzerland. The weather is more Mediterranean down south - humid and warm.
But this is the Matterhorn I know...at Disneyland! Can you tell the difference?
Switzerland is one of the richest countries in the world. They speak French, German, Italian, and Romansh (which is a Romance Language spoken by the Roman Era people of this region). There are about 7.5 million people living in Switzerland right now. There isn't an official religion there, but most of the people are Christian (mostly Catholics).Next month we look forward to a Greek meal.
On another note, check out my sister-in-law's blog. She featured one of my scrabble tile pendants! Thanks Vivian! She is a very talented quilter. In her family room is a huge long-arm quilting machine. She has clients from around the country & famous ones included - as you'll see in her blog. Check her out at www.quiltswithlove.blogspot.com
You'll just love her work. She's done thousands of beautiful quilts. In my next post I'll show photos of the quilts she made for my girls when they were born.






1 comment:
Those missionary boys look so young! It's funny how when you're little, missionaries seemed so old but as you grow older, they get to be like little boys. WIERD! Mmmm Switzerland food sounds wonderful!!! So I'm gonna buy a scrabble tile soon. I can't decided which one I want first. They're all soooo cute! Could you make one that's like firefighting inspired sometime??? I think that would be so cool, even though I'm probably the only girl in the whole world that might where it.
Post a Comment