Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fashinistas

This is a house full of fashionistias! My poor husband, being surrounded by girls who love clothes, shoes, nail polish & makeup! Then we have 2 cats who are also girls.

In today's mail I got my new flirt apron! A fellow crafter/artist on Etsy made this for me! Check out Perdoozy's shop. Isn't this just the cutest apron you've ever seen? She made it out of Amy Butler's "Pink Fresh Poppies" fabric. Now when I make my International missionary meals, I'll look cute & that will make the food taste even better!!


Since I'm such a fashionista, I just had to get two. Here's the second one. She made it reversible for me too! The outside is black and white and the inside is pink and white. This one is Perdoozy's Moderna Apron. The little model is wearing the pink poppy flirt apron.


Now, this is the hottest new look for summer. Our baby model is showing how to wear the latest trend in lounge wear. I think she's trying to fly.

I cut off the legs on some of my oldest's jammies a few weeks ago to make shorts. So the other day she wanted the sleeves cut off. Well, those sleeves are too much of a treasure to throw away. Now you can see why! They can be worn several different ways.


It's fun to be a fashionista. After all, I did study Fashion Merchandising in college! Wonder what happened to all my style? I think it went away when the girls were born. Hope it comes back. Oh! I stopped working at the mall. That'll do it! The discount ended...

Here's Theda Cleo (above), our oldest cat. She just turned 16... Here she is giving gifts of cat hair to my husband's clean laundry. She's so nice and loving...to him. He's really the only one she likes. She'll tolerate the rest of us. Her thought is if you can't wear it, then sleep on it.


Then there's my cat, Pyewacket. She's the one who showers with me every morning. Here she's wearing some packing bubbles. That was all the rage in Fall 2001.


Lastly, here is Pye in the bathtub of our old apartment in Palm Desert. This was the only room with doors in that old 1950's mid-century modern apartment. (She had ringworm when we got her and she had to be "quarantined" in her own room for a week so Theda wouldn't get it. So her first week with us was in the bathtub. Maybe that's why she needs to shower every day.)

Well, I'm off to make more scrabble tile necklace pendants. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Kara & Levi said...

The sleeves cut off thing on your forearms...I'm pretty sure I saw Avril Lavigne or Kelly Clarkson doing that...or was it Lindsey Lohan. I can't remember. Your girls look so much cooler than those girls. Hahaha...they are so stylish and soooo cute! And you are still very stylish Steph. You haven't lost it one bit! The day Mark introduced us to you, I thought "she's so cool!" cause of how you dressed...and you still are!!!!

Jenie said...

What great pictures...I've been catching up with you through your blog today. I linked to you through Lisa Caress so I'll have your address now. I know we talked about it before, but now I'm actually writing it down. You have so many fun things going on...I love the necklaces. I'm going to check them out at Etsy and what a cute apron. Your girls are darling and the picture at the fire station is one to frame! I love it! Have a great rest of the weekend!

SS said...

Kara's right...your still a fashionista yourself. You're girls are just too cute! Every picture you post, I'm always having to show people how cute they are!