
So last night I pulled out the old potty training potty, cleaned it off and put it in the girl's bathroom. This action was inspired by my wonderful husband. You see, as I was cleaning up from dinner last night, I noticed that my youngest was in the process of going #2 (in her diaper...). He said, "put her on the potty!" Well, it was a little late for that so after changing the diaper, I got out the trainer.
My little two-year-old is very strong willed and likes things her way. It was very exciting! She loved sitting on the newly installed potty & sat there for about 20 minutes. Nothing happened because it had just happened in her diaper 40 minutes before. My oldest was so excited to share the process of how to sit on the potty, handing toilet paper, standing on the stool to get to the potty, and just being a great support. When the 20 minutes was up (and there was a little ring around her cute cheeks) we tried to put her diaper on. Oh! You'd think she was being tortured!!! She cried, wiggled, squirmed, and cried some more. Finally, she was diapered and jammied. We had to put the front-snapping jammies on backward so she wouldn't take them off.
So this morning, after the jammies came off, she ran to the potty. Still no action in there. We even had a repeat performance of trying to put diapers on with the squirming and crying. So I found the training pull-ups left over from my oldest. Those were fun to put on! No t
ears. Yay! But every 30 minutes, she pulled off her pants and wanted to sit on the potty. Then, while sitting there, it suddenly became scary. Tears. But no action.I'm not sure I am ready for this process yet. I'm also not sure if she's really ready yet. Guess we'll just go with the flow and see how it all turns out. Wish me luck! Patience is really a virtue.




1 comment:
I wish Sienna luck! I hope she can do it!
Post a Comment