Thursday, February 21, 2008

Heaven on earth



Last night I had a chocolate tasting party at my house. It was so much fun. The exciting part of this is sharing healthy chocolate with people. But the best part was the new cookie! The company just introduced this cookie that has 11,115 ORAC per cookie. That means that it has about the same amount of antioxidants as 4 1/2 servings of blueberries (1/2 cup servings). That's a lot of blueberries. Now, chocolate chip cookies are my idea of heaven (especially Cow Chip cookies sold in Seattle). This cookie is just divine! And it's good for you! Eating a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie without the guilt. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm! Anyhow, we had a great time last night.

We even got to see the last part of the lunar eclipse. That was very cool. We live at the edge of the valley, right by the mountains. So the city lights aren't as bright here as other places in the valley. We were able to see quite a few stars.

My grandparents used to live in a tiny town, Lone Pine, CA at the base of Mount Whitney. You might recognize Lone Pine because a lot of old Western movies were filmed out there. The Alabama Hills are great rock formations for those old Westerns. One time while visiting, my husband & I went outside to get something out of the car. Since Lone Pine is 100's of miles from nowhere and there are less than 2,000 people there, it's a perfect spot to star gaze. That night, it seemed as if the stars were only 20 feet off the ground. I've never seen so many stars in the sky before. It was beautiful!

2 comments:

Kara & Levi said...

Oh my goodness...I'm glad you have a blog. Tell me about this healthy chocolate. BIGGGGG CHOCOLATE LOVER RIGHT HERE.....Mmmmm I dream about Dove, but I feel so guilty for how much I can eat because I can't stop at one. I tried eating only 1 Dark Dove Per Day.....nope it didn't work. Help me!!!

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

The chocolate is so good! It's healthy because it's processed without sugar, fillers, or waxes. It's made with acai berries and blueberries too. Check out the website at www.mxi.myvoffice.com/stefanimccune where you can watch the video and take the tour. The nuggets are my very favorite (next to the cookie) and it's suggested to eat 3 a day! Mmmmmm.