Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's not summer yet, is it?

Thursday was the first day of Spring! I love this time of year. The weather here is perfect. All the flowers are in bloom. The desert really has some beautiful flowers. With the rain we had a few weeks ago, there are purple & yellow flowers filling up the fields. It's just beautiful! And the bouganvilla bushes look like huge purple, red or pink bushes. So pretty.

Then today was another story. It was 97! That's only 3 degrees from 100! It's only been spring for 2 days and it's already in the 90's. What happened to the 80's? Right now it's almost 8pm and it's 77. That's just crazy for March.

We have this little lizard family that lives under the house. One day my oldest daughter saw one of them outside the back door. The other day I found one in the living room! He was just tiny. He had a hard time climbing over the door jam to get outside. I like lizards - so it was nice to have him visit for a little while.

Well, that's how it goes in the desert. We have beautiful, nearly perfect weather for 9 months of the year. So I really can't complain. At least it's not snow that I have to shovel off the sidewalk! The only snow we get is in the mountains - which is fine with me.

No comments: