Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gotta Love Kindergarten


Sometimes I wish I was back in Kindergarten. Life was pretty easy then. Learning lots of new things, meeting new friends, starting school...life was a new adventure. Our kindergartner is having a great time in school. Every week they focus on a different letter.

The first week they learned about S. They get to cook (or watch the teachers cook) a food starting with the letter of the week. For S they had S'mores and Sundaes. Then on Fridays the teachers dress up! Her teacher was a Spider that week.

The next week they studied M. For that letter they ate M&M Marshmallow Crunchies (rice krispy treats) and her teacher was Minnie Mouse.


After M they learned all about R. Ravoli and Raspberry Sherbet both start with R. That Friday her teacher was Little Red Riding Hood.

T followed R (no, you didn't learn the alphabet the wrong way...they just aren't going in order). Tootsie Rolls and Tacos. She said about the tacos, "They were very messy. There was sauce in all of them." That Friday her teacher was gone & the sub didn't dress up. (party pooper)

Last week they learned all about A. Apple pie and Ants on a Log. Yum. Her teacher was an Ant that day.


I remember that my teachers in Kindergarten didn't dress up and they didn't cook for us. Hmmm. I guess that's the LA school district for you. Just teach what they barely need to know...

This next week is B. Will her teacher dress up like Barbie or a Bat? Will they eat Borsch or bread? There is a big Boo Bash at the school on Thursday afternoon. That should be really fun. And Friday morning, is a big Kindergarten Halloween party. All kids will go to the morning class (we're in the afternoon class). Fun!


On another note..I just have to post about our pre-schooler. Her latest fascination is with boobies. At the dinner table the other day, she randomly asked, "Mama? Do you have boobies?" "Yes," I answered. "Daddy? Do you have boobies?" He also answered, "Yes." She asked her sister too and then stated that she also has boobies. Glad that's all settled.

One Sunday, a group of young women were singing a song in Sacrament meeting. They all were wearing shirts that were snug. Our little one (a little too loudly) said, "Look, they have boobies!" "Shhhh!" I said! Then she decided to pull up her dress and show us her boobies...while I'm trying to pull her dress back down. We were in the back row, so not many people witnessed this cuteness.

Silly girls!

2 comments:

SS said...

I want to go to Haven's class too!
And that is so funny about Sienna! She's just giving you SO many stories to use to embarass her in years to come. Julie did the same thing...so we are always hearing about the time when she lifted up her shirt to the boys in her class and said, "Look I'm just like you!" Let's hope Sienna doesn't do that!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Kindergarten really is a magical year. Caleb is just loving all of it. He is really into his letter of the week too.
Sienna is so funny. Just trying to figure out her world, I guess.