We love our new neighborhood. There are many kids for our girls to play with. It's a quiet and safe area. We're right next to a little tiny park appropriately named "Bunny Park" with many little bunnies visiting in the evening. The neighbors like to walk their dogs to this park and sometimes the kids come there to play. It's just grass and a couple benches, but it's a nice little park.
This summer has had many fun adventures. First was our first trade show. Mark & I went to Las Vegas in June to show our pendant line. It was for wholesale accounts only, to the trade. The other vendors were also showing their hand crafted items. I was really impressed with the integrity and beauty of the other products being shown. We were blessed with many new wholesale accounts around the country. The week we returned, we moved.
Moving is always an adventure. The last move seemed so much easier than this one. Probably since we had to get everything in one trip...made it seem harder. (But we really made it in two trips.) Now we are settling in nicely. Things are unpacked and we've been rearranging until it feels more like home. It's getting there. The nice part is that there's a loft for the studio so we aren't set up in the living room like before. The girls had their own rooms, but missed each other at night, so are back to sharing a room. This made space for a play room across the hall from their room. The guest room downstairs is great for extra storage from the studio. My favorite part of the house is the view from the back yard. In stead of looking at a tan brick wall, we have a view of the hills of Carlsbad and San Marcos. It was great on the 4th of July. We sat on the deck off the master to watch the fireworks. My second favorite part of the house is opening the windows for a nice afternoon breeze. I LOVE that! ♥
Haven's school is very close. I believe it takes about 3 minutes to get there. Her class is small with about 20 kids. She's so excited to start first grade on Monday. Next to her school is the community swimming pool. We had swimming lessons this summer from a great new friend. The girls learned a lot and had tons of fun. Next to the pool and the school is the Peacock Park (officially called Leo Carrillo Ranch). Leo Carrillo is an old movie star (side kick of the Cisco Kid) who lived here in the early 1900's. We've gone there many times to see all the peacocks that live there - must be about 80 of them.
Mark & I have been busy with HomeStudio. We are so amazed at how this business keeps growing. We've sold over 30,000 pendants in the past year. One of our newest accounts is in Downtown Disney! Gotta love that! This summer we have been just swamped with orders. Thankfully we have had some of the girls in the ward come help us package so we could get caught up. Two have gone off to school for the year. We have one sweet girl who will stay on with us this year for an internship.
Our new ward is great. We are meeting a lot of new, super nice people. This is the place we are meant to be right now. We're looking forward to starting a new phase of our life here.




6 comments:
You guys are SUPER busy but I'm glad for the update! Sounds like the new house is working out well and I love your trade show set up.. awesome!! Next July we are headed to Newport for a Meldrum Family Reunion... I would love to come see my California McCune family too!! Love ya'll!!
I've been thinking about you guys sooo much! Every time I drive by your house and see that "for rent" sign in your old yard, I think about you and wonder how you're doing. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well and that you're happy with your place. I'm still inspired by you and love to think of how well things have turned out for you. Keep in touch and I'll keep checking out your blog and every once in a while, I'll try to update mine. ;) Not doing so well with that, but so glad you're doing great! Look forward to more updates! Take care and know that you're missed!
Yeah, you're alive! Next trip, plan one to the Caribbean! Cute girls!
I miss you guys so much!!! I want to visit so bad. I keep telling Levi that when Marley is at least 2, we HAVE to come out there and take her to the beach and Disneyland. He has never ever been to Disneyland and says he has no desire because it looks boring....I say he is so way wrong and I will show him how awesome it is!!! I hope to see you guys soon!
Dear Stef,
Your blog is beautiful and the little girls are darling. I haven't kept up with checking on things and I was very lucky to find your blog address tucked away in one of my "favorite folders". I sent an email to your Mom for her birthday and haven't heard back. Hope all is going well and would like to hear from her. Congrats on all your success and your wonderful new home. Dennis and I have always loved Carlsbad. Great to hear that your dreams are coming true. Wishing you every blessing. Lynn Atwood
So nice to catch-up. I saw your Mom last night and asked her all about you, and I complained to here that you never blog. After reading your blog, I can see why. I'm so happy for you and Mark with your business. I love the picture of you at the home show. The display you did looks amazing.
Post a Comment